Links & Resources (internal)
Listed here are a series of internal links that we find useful in providing current information on health and planning, and contributing to the ongoing professional development of health practitioners.
- Healthy Sustainable Communities: Spatial planning checklist
- A series of checklists making the case for public health playing an active role planning: advocating for health promotion and protection and answering the needs of the planners.
- Healthy Sustainable Communities: What works?
- An evidence review for components of healthy, sustainable communities.
- HIA guide to regeneration Volume 2
- The 2nd volume of the East London Guide provides an evidence base of selected determinants of health. The evidence base traces out the pathways by which regeneration and urban development can affect health.
- Rapid review of health evidence for draft London Plan
- Background paper written in 2001 for the draft London Plan.
- HIA guide to regeneration Volume 1
- The 1st of three volumes. Developed for the East London and City Health Action Zone. This is a short guide on how to conduct an HIA.
- HIA guide to regeneration Volume 3
- The 3rd volume examines the principle behind health inequalities, health change and urban regeneration.
- Health Girl
- The newest superhero, Health Girl, shows, in this Marvel–inspired cartoon, how health can be addressed in SEA. We wrote this to provide an alternative to the dry formats favoured in the official guidance.
- SEA of the Greater Manchester Local Transport Plan 2
- Link to completed environmental report. BCA provided health input to Steer Davies Gleave who co-ordinated the SEA.
- SA/SEA of the draft further alterations to the London Plan
- non-technical summary of the environmental report (with Forum for the Future)
- SA/SEA of the draft further alterations to the London Plan: health and wellbeing
- Health papers from the SA/SEA
- SA/SEA of the North West Regional Spatial Strategy (with Entec UK and Levett-Therivel): Notes on Health for RSS policy writers - Sept 05
- This short document is an interim briefing note to the policy writers
Links to HIAs
- Environmental and Health Impact Assessment of the Westbourne Green Triangle site in North West Westminster (with Arup Environmental): non-technical summary and appendices
- Urban Renaissance Lewisham
- this is a large pdf document
Links to the NTS of this integrated EIA/HIA of three development options for this urban site.
Environmental and Health Impact Assessment of the Westbourne Green Triangle site in North West Westminster (with Arup Environmental): non-technical summary and appendices: chs 1-7Links to the chapters of this integrated EIA/HIA of three development options for this urban site.
- S106 tools for health services and facilities
- HUDU's website: click above link and select HUDU link
- Healthy Sustainable Communities: Key elements of the new planning system
- This resource gives a broad introduction to the different elements of the new planning system and shows the opportunities for health input.
- Healthy Sustainable Communities: Planning for access
- Key steps to include access requirements in planning.
- Reuniting health and planning
- The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister funded the East of England Public Health Group and GO-East to identify the specific challenges and training needs faced by health professionals and planning professionals in delivering the growth agenda in the East of England Region. BCA lead a consortium to look at these issues. This included a regional survey of planning and health professionals and a number of participatory events.